Airborne Power Line Inspection System
Compact and light weight multispectral 4-sensor gimbal with 4 axis precision stabilization. The ideal choice for inspections with lighter aircraft and heavy-duty UAVs/Drones.
Scroll down to explore
IR UV EO LRF
integrated passive stabilization
depending on configuration
The combination of a high bandwidth architecture, high-end stabilization performance plus deep integration of high-end sensors delivers uncompromising data quality and inspection efficiency.
POWERFUL SYSTEM DESIGN
- Low noise fiberoptic inertial measurement unit (IMU), delivering superior turret stabilization for highest measurement precision
- The fiberoptic network architecture provides ultra high data bandwidth, allowing data to be recorded uncompressed, with minimal latency.
- Only a single hybrid fiber cable is required between the gimbal and the helicopter, allowing for a fast and easy installation/start of operation, noise free high speed data transmission, free of electromagnetic interferences
Ease-of-use & Highest Sensor Integration
The highly intuative GCU “Graphical Control Unit” controls all aspects of the system. Various dials command the numerous sensor functions, that are deeply integrated into the system. A touch screen allows operators to customize screen layouts and functions to their preference.
- Deep integration of sensor functions
- Settings & Layouts fully customizable
- Ability to save to individual user profiles
Payload sensor package
The 4 sensor payload usually consists of the following standard components and will be customized upon customer request:
- HD Thermographic Infrared Camera
- HD/4K Electro-Optical Video Camera
- HD UV/Corona Camera made by OFIL
- LRF Laser Range Finder
Geo-referenced data (video & image data)
All video and image data is geo-referenced (GPS of platform and target) using the IMU/GPS/LRF. The Geo-lock function to automatically hold the target reference position in flight is available as an option.
Helicopter mounts & racks
OFIL consults on the various options of mounting systems for helicopters and possibilities of an individual working environment within the cockpit
We provide tailored training and installation support for deployment, and pride ourselves on exceptional and reactive customer service.
Furthermore we offer:
- 24 months of warranty (from date of delivery)
- Free annual service during warranty period
- OFIL global network with offices in USA, Europe & Asia
Technical Specifications ROM HD
- High performance 4 axis gyro stabilization
- Low noise Fiber optic IMU
- Coverage: 360° azimuth, +15° to -185° elevation
- Weight: ca 20kg/44lbs (depending on configuration)
HD INFRARED THERMOGRAPHIC CAMERA
- Radiometric HD LWIR with fixed focal lens
- FOV: 16°x12°
HD UV CORONA CAMERA
- OFIL DayCor® solar blind bi-spectral UV sensor
- High Sensitivity HD UV Imager & visbile overlay
- FOV: 8°x6°
HD/4K ElectroOptical EO VIDEO CAMERA
- High Sensitivity Color CMOS imager in HD (standard) or 4K
- 30x optical zoom
LRF LASER RANGE FINDER
- Multi-target detection, 5km range, 0.1m spatial resolution
of Power Lines
IR (HD), UV (HD) and Optical (4K/HD) video channels are recorded in uncompressed full resolutions, including the Geo-reference (GPS of target and aircraft). Faults can either be marked with a single press of a button, or triggered/detected through advanced intelligent functions; with the Geo-referenced 61-120 MP resolution images and radiometric IR data automatically recorded for each fault.
Questions, enquiries and partnership opportunities
Global Head of Business Development